War On Terror
Articles & Interviews
“Signature Reduction” (SIGREDUX) = Dark State’s Undercover 60 K Spy Army = Unconventional War = Counterintelligence/Contract Stalking = Man-Hunting Business = Slow-Kill Torture & Murder of Law-Abiding Citizens = Counterterrorism = Authoritarian Political War = Cyber Warfare/Stalking/Torture = Psychotronic War (PsyOps + Directed Energy & Neuro Weapons) = Havana Syndrome = G5 (Global Government Gangstalking Genocide GESTAPO) = NSA-Five Eyes Global Spy Network = UN-NWO Policing System = Antichrist Kingdom = Traitors, Thugs, Criminals, Cowards, Cockroaches, Spooks, Bullies, Psychopathic Psychologists, & 5D (Deceive, Degrade, Disrupt, Deny, Destroy) DevilsDecember 3, 2020
Takedown of America’s Freedoms: 1) How the CIA, Mossad, and “the Epstein Network” are Exploiting Mass Shootings to Create an Orwellian Nightmare, 2) FBI Foreknowledge of El Paso Shootings, 3) William Barr Formally Announces Orwellian Pre-Crime Program 4) Coronavirus: What Newsweek Failed to Mention About “Continuity of Government”, 5) U.S. Intel Agencies played unsettling role in classified and “9/11-like” Coronavirus response plan (by Whitney Webb, 2019 & 2020)June 6, 2019
Compiled by Dr. Eric T. Karlstrom, Emeritus Professor of Geography, July, 2018
Dr. James Giordano Brief Bio: Professor in the Departments of Neurology and Biochemistry at Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington D.C., Chief of Neuroethics Studies Program and Co-Director, O’Neil Pelligrino Center of Brain Science, has served on Joint Staff of the Pentagon, and is Head of the European Union Human Brain Project
Related articles and book:
3) Giordano’s book: “Neurotechnology in National Security and Defense: Practical Considerations, Neuroethical Concerns”
“Speaking of a future at most only decades away, an experimenter in intelligence control asserted, “I foresee a time when we shall have the means and therefore, inevitably, the temptation to manipulate the behavior and intellectual functioning of all the people through environmental and biochemical manipulation of the brain.”
Zbigniew Brezinski, “Between Two Ages: Americas Role in the Technetronic Era” (1972)
This potential for manipulation of behavior and intellectual functioning through manipulation of the brain (which Brezinski predicted) has now been realized some 40 years later…..
The brain is the next battlespace…. We are targeting the brain…. Like (in) any race, the morbidity and mortality, going at this speed, with this level of integrity and this level of momentum, is real.
We are tracking neurological or brain signatures of key targeted individuals that are thought to represent whole groups. If I understand how his or her brain works and do this on a broad enough scale, I can develop patterns and I can use this in ways that informs my intelligence; this force multiplies and synergizes my human intelligence (HUMINT), my signals intelligence (SIGINT), and my communications intelligence (COMINT). NEURINT (Neuro intelligence) coupled with assessment and access gives me these capabilities.
I can utilize neuro-pharmacologics and various forms of brain stimulation to extract information from key intelligence targets.
Dr. James Giordano, from this lecture
Introductory Comments and Summary by Dr. Eric T. Karlstrom:
Dr. Giordano has served as Senior Science Advisory Fellow of the Strategic Multilayer Assessment Branch of the Joint Staff of the Pentagon and as an appointed member of the Neuroethics, Legal and Social Issues (NELSI) Advisory Panel of the Defense Advanced Research Projects’ Agency (DARPA). Thus, he is a key consulting expert for the military/intelligence/National Security/academic sector of the U.S. government. In my opinion, this lecture accurately describes the main reasons why governments of the world are conducting organized stalking/electronic torture/mind control operations. (I have dubbed these programs, GOG’S NeW GESSTTTTTAPO, for Global Organized Gang Stalking Neuro-Warfare Groups Electronic Surveillance, Slavery, Targeting, Tracking, Torture, Terrorism, Tyranny and Psychological Operations.
From the point of view of (the millions? of) TIs who are now being extra-legally utilized as non-consensual human experimentees in these programs, this lecture is especially important because the speaker describes the goals, methods, and underlying philosophy of these programs. Please note that while Giordano frequently refers to the “targets” of these neuroscience/technology experiments and programs, he does not refer to “targeted individuals” or “TIs,” specifically. Also, note that while he gives lip service to ethical considerations, he does not mention that the lives of millions of TIs worldwide are now being destroyed via deliberate defamation, incapacitation, financial ruin, electronic torture, incarceration, suiciding, and even murder, in these programs. He doesn’t mention that these programs constitute “terminal experiments” that usually result in the premature deaths of TIs. Apparently, he and his colleagues consider TIs as “collateral damage” and regard their suffering and destruction as an “allowable cost” for the development of neuroscience programs and technologies that fulfill National Defense, Intelligence, and National Security agendas.
Read between the lines of Giordano’s statement: “We are trying to balance the relative goods of scientific advancement with the relative burdens, risks, and harms and potential areas of dual-use that could be employed and how those affect National Security and Defense.” Based on this statement, we can infer that the cost/benefit analysis of “good vs. burdens, risks, and harms” is considered only in terms of how these affect National Security and Defense agendas. In this case, the stripping of “TIs” civil liberties and their acute suffering and premature deaths are not factored into the cost/benefit calculus at all.
Here are my main conclusions:
A) Many TIs long ago concluded that they have been involuntarily enrolled as guinea pigs in various weapons-testing, MKULTRA-style mind control and enhanced interrogation (torture), and citizen-“neutralization” programs that build upon the FBI’s COINTELPRO, the CIA’s MKULTRA, KUBARK torture manual, and Phoenix Program, and the East German Stasi’s Zerzetsung civilian torture program, etc., of previous decades. This lecture proves this speculation to be correct.
B) While Dr. Giordano’s arrogant style may be off-putting especially to TIs, he does us a favor by defining the context and “scientific parameters” of our targeting as he explains the origins and goals of the non-consensual neuroscience programs in which we are enrolled. Here, he names the people and institutions that are guilty of these “crimes against humanity.” Certainly, he is among them.
C) Although Giordano voices concern about “risks to society,” he and his colleagues obviously disregard the risks to individuals’ rights and wellbeing, particularly those of TIs, incurred by these neuro-programs. He also fails to observe that the secret, unilateral, and extra-legal rescinding of American citizens’ Constitutional rights constitutes high treason against the U.S. Constitution and the American people.
D) Thus, any lip-service Giordano gives to ethics and ethical standards as related to these programs is a sick joke indeed. When innocent civilians are systematically defamed, electronically tortured, destroyed, and killed/suicided/institutionalized by their government and cooperating agents, as is currently occurring worldwide in GOG’S NeW GESSTTTTTAPO, the perpetrators of these crimes are guilty of high treason and of criminal felonies up to and including first degree murder.
E) TI’s: Here is the true face of your enemy. Clearly, Giordano and his ilk are psychopaths. This is the banality of evil. Your government has covertly, silently stolen your humanity, your God-given rights to “life, liberty and pursuit of happiness,” and has secretly enrolled you in a program in which you are now a mere lab rat whose function is to provide statistical data for Giordano’s (and DOD, NSA, CIA, and DARPA and other contracting agencies’) computer models. You have no legal recourse because the American Republic has already terminally failed.
F) All TIs (targeted individuals) should watch this lecture because it clarifies what is happening to us and helps explain why we can’t get any relief or help from our governments. As Giordano makes clear, this multiple billion dollar program is supported by the highest levels of government, military, intelligence, the corporate sector, and academia.
The following points from the lecture are salient to the understanding of the global stalking and neuro-targeting program:
1) Big data bases, such as accomplished by the NSA’s metadata collection operations, are useful for mapping patterns of individual brains and groups of brains.
2) Using neuroscience and technology in combination with “Big data,” “we” can affect the way humans think, feel and act. “we” can use this power to achieve “national defense” and “intelligence” agendas and to advance “our” ideologies and interests.
3) “We” can use the technologies of neuroscience as “soft weapons” and “hard weapons” to defeat, incapacitate, destroy, and kill individuals and groups.
4) Neuroscience and technologies are useful in the development of military PSYOPS (psychological operations) and Military Information Support Operations (MISO).
5) “Hard” neurotech weapons include drugs, chemical agents, biologicals (microbes and toxins), neuro-tech devices, and hybrid “cyborg” systems/”biological drones.”
6) Neuroscince captures $175 billion of annual market space.
7) To target the brain, we need to acquire viable targets and in doing so, try to reduce “collateral damage.”
(ETK note: “Targets” are synonymous with “targeted individuals” (TIs) and non-consensual human experimentees.)
8) Neuroscience/technology research is currently like a superhighway or superspeedway and, according to Giordana:
“Like (in) any race, the morbidity and mortality, going at this speed, with this level of integrity and this level of momentum, is real.”
(Here, Giordana is apparently referring to the morbidity and mortality of experimental brain subjects, the “targeted individuals”).
9) “Assessment” technologies used to acquire viable targets and avoid collateral damage include:
a) neuro-imaging techniques, including computerized tomography, single-photon emission tomography, a highly specific electromagnetic (EM) pulsed signal to image brain areas and “tracks” (communicating networks and nodes within the brain),
b) neuro-physiological recordings such as electro-encephalograms (EEGs) in combination with quantitative techniques,
c) use of neurogenomics and genetics; neurogenetic profiles of individuals and groups,
d) neuroproteomics (biomarkers), and
e) neuro-cyber informatics- with computer applications useful in manipulating what kinds of information are delivered to the brain.
(ETK note: Here, Giordana is apparently referring to Remote Neural Monitoring (RMN), among other techniques).
10) Neuroscience/technology “Intervention” techniques include: cyber-linked neurocog manipulation (also presumably including “Remote Neural Monitoring and Remote Neural Manipulation”), novel Pharmaceuticals, neuro-microbiologicals, organic neurotoxins, and neurotechnologicals.
11) Neuroscience today is an “integrative” (interdisciplinary) science involving cyberscience/technology, Anthro-social sciences, Natural sciences, Biotechnology, Nanoscience/technology and has important applications in the fields of National Defense, Intelligence, and National Security.
12) The goal is to produce neuroscience applications and technologies that are scalable, customizable, accessible, sharable, and secure, so they can be deployed by multiple (anonymous or non-anonymous) “user-groups” that include state as well as non-state actors.
(ETK note: Perhaps this means that these programs and tools are being deployed by various government and private groups now engaging in organized stalking/electronic torture/mind control operations.)
13) Intelligence operators are harnessed to brain-machine interfacing systems so as to allow an increased capability through reciprocal dynamic robotics such that they can learn from each other and thereby, improve performance.
(ETK note: Here, Giordana is apparently referring to CIA/DIA “hive mind teams” (clones) and Special Operations Groups personnel who utilize brain-to-computer and brain-to-brain technologies to continually monitor brain states of TIs, as per the ‘Bryan Tew Hypothesis’ described on this website).
14) fmi/MEG (Magnetoencephalography) is used for brain recording applications.
15) Neuro-pharmacologics (drugs) are used for “affiliative enhancement” (ETK note: to make people more or less loyal to particular groups?).
16) (Remote) brain stimulation is used for cognitive stimulation. (I.e., again, this describes Remote Neural Manipulation (RNM)?)
17) Bio-tracking through brain “brain signatures” is accomplished. (Continual surveillance and tracking is a fundamental aspect of any TI’s targeting.)
18) Key targets that are tracked through their brain signatures are selected because they are thought to represent whole groups, and the resulting data, presumably representative of whole groups, is used to construct “neural narratives.” Data are “normalized” and fed back into “Big Data” computers. (ETK: This is also described in the Tew Hypothesis.)
19) TITAN (Tiered-integrated Tracking and Access Networks) utilizes biologically-implantable chips to track key individuals and provide information about the way brains work to create narratives and behaviors.
20) “We” put an individual’s “biometric data” into data bases.
21) Bio-sensors indwelling within targets can be uploaded (and read) remotely, yielding telemetrized information. This technology applies to RFID chips and the monitoring of key biological variables used in health-information data bases which can also be used for population monitoring, tracking and identification, etc.
22) These neuroscience/technologies increase military/intelligence “Human Intelligence” (HUMINT), “Signals Intelligence” (SIGINT), “Communications Intelligence” (COMINT), and “Neural Intelligence” (NEURINT) capabilities.
23) Neuroscience/technologies used to improve intelligence operators and warfighters (so-called “super-soldiers”) cognitive skills, emotional capabilities, and certain behaviors and actions include: a) advanced neuro-pharmacological agents (drugs), b) computational brain-machine interfaces, c) closed-loop brain stimulation approaches (implants and transcranial and magnetic electrical stimulation), and d) neuro-sensory augmentation devices, or bioengineering to increase visual acumen to create cochlear and auditory implants- i.e., “eagle eye” or “bat’s ear.”
24) “Weaponizable neuroscience technologies” allow us to: a) assess, predict and control particular cognitions, emotions, and behavior of adversaries, b) mitigate aggression and foster cognitions, emotions and/or behaviors of affiliation or passivity in enemies, c) induce morbidity, disability, or suffering and thus, “neutralize” enemies and/or potential opponents, or d) induce mortality, that is, kill adversaries.
25) Nonlethal Weapons are now being used on an international scale.
26) In-close pharmaceuticals and organic neurotoxins (“weapons of mass disruption”) can deliver specific effects to individuals, altering cognition, emotionality, leadership potential, and behavior. These create social disruption on various scales, from the individual to the group to larger population.
27) Ultra-low dose/high specific agents are useful for targeting diplomatic/local culture “hearts and minds.”
28) High morbidity neuro-microbiological agents are deployed to make people sick.
29) These weapons are used to target key individuals in various, different communities to produce statistical information useful in creating short- and long-war effects. In a long-war scenario, I can reduce productivity and health of individuals, communities, and nations.
30) Neuro-microbials with high neuro-psychiatric symptom clusters produce public panic/public health disintegrative effects.
31) Gene-edited microbiologicals have novel morbidity/mortality profiles.
32) Nano-neuroparticulate agents so small they go through brain-blood barriers are used to create a hemorrhage disposition in the brain, and thus, strokes.
33) High CNS aggregation lead/carbon-silicate nanofibers are network disrupters. (ETK note: Here, is he referring to Morgellons Disease?).
34) Neurovascular hemorrhagic agents (for in-close and population use as “stroke epidemic” induction agents) are highly disruptive.
35) In combat operations, neuroweapon devices are highly evolving.
36) Neurosensory immobilizing agents include high-output sensory stimulators which can be administered by UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles), drones, or insect borne, or by large vehicles such as cars or tanks. Sensory mobilizing agents use high electromagnetic pulse energy that may also use high levels of sound and light energy to disrupt neurosensory functions. These are being used.
37) Trans- and intracranial pulse stimulators use direct electromagnetic pulses to disrupt the network aggregation-network properties of the brain and create confusion. These are both individual and group disruptors. These neural network “confusion generators” can be hand held or delivered by UAV, drone, and insects.
38) In “Information War,” military/intelligence/National Security Forces deploy “neuro-Ops”, or altered reality tactics, that are also used in regular warfare. Transcranial mechanisms are used to disrupt people’s sense of time and place.
39) Cortically-coupled neural temporal function alteration is accomplished by “time warpers”, another form of “Information Warfare.”
40) Pharmacologic neurostimulation is used to induced cognitive-emotional disruption, another form of “Information Warfare.”
41) Cyborgs are used in mixed Intell-Combat Ops/Information Warfare. Neuro-modified “cyborg” systems include the DARPA “Beetle” and the Dragon flEYE.
42) There are now dedicated efforts by numerous states that are keenly investing in the development of these neuroscience technologies. Similar efforts are also being developed by independent actors, venture-capital funded individuals, and businesses that have an interest in developing these technologies to change the balance of power.
43) Thus, we need to identify risk scenarios that evolve from specified events, craft strategies for preemption, preparation, response, and amelioration, examine (setting, exploring, and exploiting) conditions at the operational level, across all elements, and the physical, cognitive and informational domains, create strategies that are relevant, durable, and can be targeted for demographics and psychographics in the face of severe culture impacts, and identify/plan a robust framework to remain effective and adaptive- and ethically sensitive and responsive- to a changing environment as risks to society co-evolve.
SUMMARY/ABSTRACT OF LECTURE (“Brain Science from Bench to Battlefield: The Realities – and Risks – of Neuroweapons” | CGSR Seminar June 12, 2017) by Dr. James Giordano presented at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (8/29/2017) as Transcribed by Dr. Eric T. Karlstrom:
Giordano: “I never lose my professorial demeanor…..
Neuroscience puts the brain at our fingertips. Look at the power of the brain sciences.
Through the iterative use of big data bases we can create large scale maps, atlases and patterns of individual brains and groups of brains and use these things comparatively and normatively.
This creates an opportunity to affect the way humans think, feel, and act in a variety of levels. We can exert certain levels of intellectual assessment, knowledge acquisition and control, from local to global scales. We can use that information to physically affect the brain through these techniques and tools in ways that are important and highly leveragible within national defense and intelligence agendas. We can use these techniques now to advance our ideology and our interests. So this science extends from the synaptic to the social; from the individual to the global. This is all very real and realizable.
Definition: Weapon- 1) a means of contending against another, 2) something used to injure, defeat, and destroy another (potential enemy). And can be used to induce mortality (kill).
Two types of weapons: The brain sciences are weaponizable as both 1) “soft” and 2) “hard” weapons. “Soft” brain weapons can be used to gain economic leverage(s), national security/intelligence, and the use of neurosciences to help develop PSYOPS/MISO (psychological operations/Military Information Support Operations).
“Hard” brain weapons include physical influence/deterrence tools. These include chemicals; drugs and other chemical agents; biologicals, including microbes and toxins, and devices such as neuro-technology, hybrid “cyborg” systems, or “biological drones”).
Neuroscience captures $175 billion dollars annual market space.
We are targeting the brain. And we (I) need to recon my target area well in order to: 1) acquire viable targets and 2) avoid collateral damage.
To do this efficiently, we can use a number of:
1) Neuro-imaging techniques include (older): computerized tomography, single-photon emission tomography, and (newer) a highly specific EM (electromagnetic) pulse signal to image brain areas and to image “tracks” (communicating networks and nodes within the brain) in a directional way in rapid time, and
2) Neuro-physiological recordings such as electro-encepholography (EEGs) in combination with quantitative techniques.
3) Neurogenomics and genetics, that is, looking at genetic profiles of individuals and groups to see what genes are coding for certain structures and functions of the brain.
4) Neuroproteomics and other forms of bio-markers.
5) Neuro-cyber informatics
All these forms of assessments can be harnessed to a BIG DATA approach that allow me to make both comparative and normative indices not only within an individual but between individuals, and not only between individuals, but within and between groups. These assessment technologies are facilitated and fortified by the use of “BIG DATA” (ETK note: = NSA “meta-data”?) which is a “force multiplier” in neuro-science and neuro-weaponology.
The process is “recon,” evaluation, and assessment. So how can we translate this knowledge into producing some viable effects? Now we need to look at Interventional Techniques.
Do not ignore cyber (computers) because power comes from knowledge and information. And if I understand how a brain works and how neuro-cognitive mechanisms are operative in the various impressions we then gain in our thoughts and emotions that may ultimately feed into behaviors, I can manipulate the type of information and its delivery so as to be able to influence brain state.
This is part of the incentive and underlying rational and methods that were employed in the DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) program called “Narrative Networks” that was led by a colleague of mine, Dr. William Casebeer. The more we understand about how a brain works, the more we can utilize said information to develop key narratives of psychological and MISO operations that are then viable to influence individual and group brains. We’ve done this for a long time. This is also known as “neuro-marketing.”
We’ve been putting out a series of reports(SMA) through the Strategic Multi-Layer Assessment Group (SMA) headed by Doc Cabayan at the Pentagon that looks at this, “the neuro-cognitive dynamics of deterrence.”
We are looking basically at “drugs, bugs, toxins, and devices.” Each of these are being improved constantly. I recently met with a group that is working in nano-pharmacology research group, the idea of harnessing nano-science to target key brain sites and networks that are thought to be functional in certain of our thoughts and behaviors. Genetic modification of microrobes is used in this. We can also develop new forms of neuro-toxins.
-Cyber-linked neurocog manipulation
Integrative Scientific Convergence (ISC) in Neuroscience Conjoins:
These are all drawn into focus upon assessment, access, and targeting of the neural structure and cognitive, emotional and behavioral functions:
I.e., these are interdisciplinary efforts that produce integrative models. In National Security, Intelligence, and Defense agendas, more and more, this type of convergent (interdisciplinary) approach is being harnessed in assessment, accessing and targeting, to be able to get rapid insights into individuals and groups.
Large-scale Data Banking and Data Utilization (BIG DATA) is used as a Force Multiplier. (Thereby, accounting for current NSC activities, the huge Utah Data Center (UDC), etc.). These help multiple-tier integration, multi-modal, multi-level, real-time access requirements. We can use these large scale data integrators to pull information about him and her and him in a comparative and normative way and in a way that allows us to develop various tools to better access him and her and him and youse (New York for you).
ISC-Big Data Validity-Reliability Issues
-Large volume data banks
-Individual, cohort, and population data tiers
-Intra- and inter-tier integration potential
-Longitudinal input requirements
-Rapid (real-time) access requirement
– Must be: scalable, customizable, accessible, sharable, secure (deal with stackability-hackability issues)
Thus, this (technology/operation) has to be: 1) scalable (it is), 2) customizable (we’re still working on that), 3) accessible (because multiple user groups, share holders and stake holders have to be able to use it), and 4) sharable (a long-standing problem concerning other DARPA programs, etc.).
(ETK note: when Giordana refers to “multiple-user groups,” he may be referring to military and intelligence versions of organized stalking/electronic harassment/mind control which are “farmed out” to DHS, FBI, private, corporate, police, and neighborhood stalking/electronic torture cohorts.)
We want to be able to anonymize or de-anonymize these data. You want these things to be secure. The nature of these systems is that you have to stack different types of data platforms and use platforms. The adage is: “If something is stackable, it’s hackable.” We certainly recognize the vulnerability of neuro-science and these tools.
The brain is the next battlescape. This is a reality we must face. It is a very usable domain of the brain sciences. Dual use is important here. Battlescape applications of neuroscience are our focus here.
In 2008 in the US, a convening group of the National Academies of Sciences (NAS) created a task force that reported that the weaponization of neurosciences is not yet viable.
(ETK note: Certainly, this statement is false, as many TIs report that their stalking/torture began in the 1980’s or 1990’s. Examples include Dr. Rauni Kilde, Gloria Naylor, and Kay Griggs.)
In Europe, the Nutfield Council of Bioethics said we are getting very close to weaponizing the brain sciences and in a year it would be ready for use.
In 2014, the NAS reconvened and made the announcement that the brain sciences are now ready and are currently being used in such endeavors in the US and worldwide. So we are moving into the operational space. I.e., it is being used.
Neuroscience/Technology Battlespace Applications In Intelligence/Security/Defense Operations
-A. Intell, Surveillance, and Recon
-Neurint (neuro-cognitive intelligence); our group is involved in this.
– 1) Assessing various neuro-psychosocial factors operative in narratives in individual and group expressions and activities and the cognitions that underscore them.
– 2) Harnessing intelligence operators to brain-machine interfacing systems so as to allow an increased capability through reciprocal dynamic robotics, whereby the human operators are doing things quite well and the (robot) systems are doing things certain things quite well and they reciprocally learn from each other. Improvement has been proven in this partnership.
– 3) Big Data (NSA “metadata”) is used that pulls the signal from noise has also been very helpful….
This is now in progress.
– B. Brain Assessment and Access Approaches For Bio-tracking
-fMR/MEG and brain recording applications for DecDet
-Neuro-pharmacologics for affiliative enhancement
-Brain stimulation for cognitive alteration
-Tiered integrated tracking and access networks (TITAN): Utilize indwelling devices for intentional identification and access
We are tracking neurological or brain signatures of key targeted individuals that are thought to represent whole groups. This feeds back into the neural narratives. If I understand how his or her brain works and do this on a broad enough scale, I can develop patterns and I can use this in ways that informs my intelligence; this force multiplies and synergizes my HUMINT (human intelligence), my SIGINT (signals intelligence), and my COMINT (communications intelligence). Neurint coupled with assessment and access gives me these capabilities.
I can also use this for intelligence acquisition in different ways. I can utilize neuro-pharmacologics and various forms of brain stimulation to be able to extract information from key intelligence targets in ways that are far less deleterious and/or harmful to said targets and thus, uphold a higher moral conduct in the face of various forms of intelligence operations.
This is not without argument. Some think that the last sanctified space is that of my consciousness. And you are using this stuff to invade that? You’re right. There is an ethical argument there. Is this more or less harmful than other means of information extraction? We need to debate this. This forces us to set parameters and limits. We ask: Can we use this? The answer is yes. Also, we ask: should we use this? If the answer appears to be yes, then the far more important question is really how, when and under what circumstances?
Is it possible to use these techniques for information acquisition? The short answer is yes. The long answer is how, when, why…. There’s not a necessarily a definitive answer.
We can also use TITAN (Tiered-integrated Tracking and Access Networks) that utilize biologically-implantable chips to track key individuals in a variety of circumstances and then yoke these to known information about the way brains work to create narratives and behaviors.
(ETK note: Here, Giordana describes important aspects of the organized stalking/electronic torture/mind control system now being globally rolled out against specific targeted individuals.)
And essentially what this does is it adds to “Human Terrain Teaming.” This feeds back to an older idea called “Naked Man Approaching.” In other words, I don’t need to identify you by your uniform, by your clothes. Rather, I can use certain anthropomorphic characteristics, in this case, biological signatures, that is, these indwelling bio-sensors that can upload remotely, yielding telemetrized information, which is quite real. Those working in the area of biosensors, RFIDs, understand the potential power here.
This is a key area for dual-use, because these types of sensors are being developed for populational monitoring of key biological variables that can be then uptaken to health-information data bases. The same kind of thing can be used for other forms of information such as for tracking and identification. We can take a key individual’s set of biological metrics and immediately, in real time, pull them into a large scale data base analytic. We can say who this person is, where this is, where this person has been, and who this person is interacting with. (This) could be very, very useful. This also clearly opens a pandora’s box of potential neuro-ethical, legal, and social issues. Once again, it refers to the context of use and how we define what is good, not only what is right and capable.
We can also utilize neuro-science and technology to augment the capability of potential warfighters, not just intelligence operators. This gets into the area of “supersoldiers” and what we can do in the area of neural-enablement.
Can we target key neurological substrates, change the function of those substrates, and in so doing, improve individuals’ cognitive skills, emotional capabilities, and behaviors and actions? Yes, we can. One of the easiest ways is through advanced neuro-pharmacological agents (drugs). We’ve heard a lot about performance-enhancing drugs and cognitive enhancers. We can also use the below….
Neuroscience/Technology Battlespace Applications
– Advanced neuro-psychopharmacologics
– Computational brain-machine interfaces
– Closed-loop brain stimulation approaches (implants and transcranial and magnetic and electrical stimulation)
– Neuro-sensory augmentation devices (bioengineering to increase visual acumen to create cochlear and auditory implants- i.e., “eagle eye” or “bat’s ear”)
Engages NeuroS/T (neuroscience and technology) as:
– means of “contending against another” to:
– assess, predict and control particular cognitions, emotions, and behavior;
– mitigate aggression and foster cognitions, emotions and/or behaviors of affiliation or passivity;
– incur burdens of morbidity, disability or suffering and in this way “neutralize” potential opponents, or
– induce mortality (kill).
Nonlethal Weapons are now being used on an international scale…. So ethical debates about these are “too little, too late.”
Novel Nueroweapons (Drugs and Bugs….)
In-close pharmaceuticals and organic neurotoxins (i.e., “weapons of mass disruption” can deliver specific effects to individuals- I can alter their cognition, their emotionality, leadership potential, and behavior. I can create social disruption from the individual, to the group, to the larger population.)
-Ultra-low dose/high specify agents for use in targeting diplomatic/local culture “hearts and minds” scenarios
High morbidity neuro-microbiological agents (I want to make people sick…. I affect key individuals, then I take another community and I affect key individuals there. Then I do what every good attributional (ETK comment; read: terrorist) group does: I beat my chest and take credit for it…. I put it over the internet and I say it’s a virus or a bacteria that I’ve infiltrated into your community, it’s a weapon of mass destruction…. I tell you it’s going to produce anxiety, sleeplessness, paranoia. I’ve now just recruited every hypochondriac…. I’ve created a legion of the “worried well”- They flood emergency rooms. I’ve created a schism of trust between the population and the polis. It’s both a short and a long wars effect. I can create particular neuro-biologicals with long term effects, such as with modified city-virus. In a long-war scenario, I can reduce productivity and health (of individuals, communities, and nations).)
-Neuro-microbials with high neuro-psychiatric symptom clusters for public panic/public health disintegrative effects
-Gene-edited microbiologicals with novel morbidity/mortality profiles
Nano-neuroparticulate agents (I can create nano-science, high C&S aggregation material, that goes through most brain-blood barriers. These create a hemorrhage disposition in the brain, often resulting in a stroke.
(ETK note: Is this what happened to Dr. Paul Marko?) .
-High CNS aggregation lead/carbon-silicate nanofibers (network disrupters)
-Neurovascular hemorrhagic agents (for in-close and population use as “stroke epidemic” induction agents). Highly disruptive….. this has been entertained by my colleagues in NATO. They are also neural network disruptors.
Neuroweapons (Devices)- these are highly evolving….
Neurosensory immobilizing agents (some of these have already been used)
-High-output sensory stimulators (can be administered by UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles), drones, or insect borne, or by large vehicles; cars, or tanks). These use sensory mobilizing agents that use high electromagnetic pulse energy that may also use high levels of sound and light energy and they disrupt neuro sensory functions. These are being used.
-Trans- and intra-cranial pulse stimulators- use direct electromagnetic pulses to disrupt the network aggregation- network properties of the brain and create confusional models, so they are both individual and group disruptors.
-Neural network disrupters (“confusion generators”; hand held, UAV, drone, and insect-borne)
IW (Information Warfare)
“Neuro-Ops” Altered Reality Tactics- used in regular warfare…. we use transcranial mechanisms to disrupt people’s sense of time and place.
-Cortically-coupled neural temporal function alteration (“time warpers”).
-Pharmacologic + neurostimulation-induced cognitive-emotional disruption”
We can also use cyborgs:
-Mixed Intell-Combat Ops
-Neuro-modified “cyborg” systems
The pioneer of cyborg (cybernetic organisms) was Dr. Jose Delgado. These involve remotely-controlled brain interface technologies such as the one he used on a charging bull in Spain to stop its charge. Cyborgs are a combination of biological and technological systems. Will key individuals get certain implants? Yes, I believe they will. Will they also get the benefits of translational neuro-surgery to decrease some of the risks and burdens? Yes. Will this be widely seen as a mechanism of individual and crowd control in the immediate future? No.
(ETK note: Here, the speaker is suggesting that some humans will become “cyborgs” and their enhanced powers will be used to achieve individual and crowd control.)
But what is now a reality is the use of neural interfacing and physiological interfacing through the use of remote-controlled, small-scale systems to modify the behavior of non-human animals. On a variety of scales. They include small mammals and insects. The pioneering work was done by DARPA. The DARPA beetle or the DARPA fly and more recently, an independent, non-DARPA- funded commercial enterprise, calls itself Dragonfly, uses both direct neural stimulation through the use of macro-technology and opti-genetic control of key neuron firing patterns to be able to direct the wing beats, directionality, and motion of a dragonfly. It can carry a very light payload (i.e., toxins, etc.). This uses a solar rechargeable source so it is infinitely powerable. It uses various kinds of electrodes to deliver these neuro-toxins, nano-pharmaceuticals, other chemicals, etc.
This is currently supposed to be only a surveillance device that could be used for public health and to monitor key environmental factors…. It may not be weaponized. It was discussed at the the recent European Union Brain Science meeting.
So we can use neural systems to change minds and hearts….
NeuroS/T in NSID
Access and manipulate neural systems/brain to “win minds and hearts.” What we can is provocative…. What we should do (and how should do so) remains an issue.
(ETK note: It is common military practice to speak of existing weapons and technologies as future prospects…. Indeed, it is most probable all these systems have been developed, tested, and are being used on an unsuspecting public at this time.)
A growing problem is the public “do-it-yourself” “bio-hacking community.” I’m putting out a warning here. This is a vulnerable community. They may not always be benevolent…. It may have a different ideology than me.
(ETK note: Therefore, it must be destroyed!?).
Key individuals within this community may be tempted to work with other state and non-state actors. There should be an ongoing dialogue between these individuals.
NeuroS/T on World Stage
Global NeuroS/T Economic Predictions 2020
-Asia- predicted 60 to 68% increase in Asian RDTE by 2020
Signatory treaties don’t always guarantee compliance.
This is being conducted on an international scale.
By 2025, greater than 50% of neuroscience research will be conducted outside the West. Not all philosophies are aligned with our own.
NeuroS/T on World Stage
NeuroS/T in NSID
Relative facility of NeuroS/T
-“off the shelf”
-nations and independent actors
Recognition of viability of use
-variety of appllications
Lack of commitment to NeuroS/T RDT does not preclude others’ RDT intitiatives
-May augment it
-Difficulty of global surety
We can pull this stuff right off the shelf…. There are dedicated efforts by a number of states that are keenly investing in the neurosciences to develop these… these efforts are also being developed by independent actors, venture-capital funded individuals, businesses, that have an interest in developing these technologies to change the balance of power.
-Unknowns of frontier science/technology
-Runaway effects (paraphrase: some people may not be as honorable and human as we are…. ETK note: This is a joke. All ethics have already been thrown out to pursue these technologies.)
-Inviolability of “mind”/”self”
-Protection vs. privacy
-Mitigation vs. manipulation
-Validity, reliability, admissibility
-Norms, pluralization, diversity
Augustinian maxim: “Jus in bellum/jus ad bello…. Jus contra bellum” (?) (Justification of use to prevent war….But how far do you go?)
This is a science and technology superhighway, a superspeedway. This is a good analogy.
-“Race Rules” (though not everybody obeys these)
“Like any race, the morbidity and mortality, going at this speed, with this level of integrity and this level of momentum, is real.”
(ETK note: Here, the speaker is apparently referring to the morbidity and mortality of “targeted individuals” that he evidently views as collateral damage and an allowable cost.)
ON RAMP: Operational Neurotechnology Risk Assessment and Management Process
1. Evaluate NeuroS/T capabilities/limitations
2. Evaluate parameters of possible use
3. Asses benefit-risk-harm parameters
4. Frame within contexts of application
“Speaking of a future at most only decades away, an experimenter in intelligence control asserted, “I foresee a time when we shall have the means and therefore, inevitably, the temptation to manipulate the behavior and intellectual functioning of all the people through environment and biochemical manipulation of the brain.”
Zbigniew Brezinski, “Between Two Ages: Americas Role in the Technetronic Era” (1972)
This potential for manipulation of behavior and intellectual functioning through manipulation of the brain has now been realized, some 40 years later.
This forces us to evaluate these neuroscience and technologies in terms of their capabilities and limits. Let’s use neuroscience fact.
Navigating and “Winning”
– Identify risk scenarios that evolve from specified events
-Craft strategies for preemption, preparation, response, and amelioration
-Examine (setting, exploring, and exploiting) conditions at the operational level, across all elements, and the physical, cognitive and informational domains
-Create strategies that are relevant, durable, and can be targeted for demographics and psychographics in the face of severe culture impacts
-Identify/plan a robust framework to remain effective and adaptive- and ethically sensitive and responsive- to a changing environment and as risks to society co-evolve.
(ETK note: while the speaker is apparently concerned about “risks to society,” he and his colleagues have obviously completely disregarded risks to individuals’ rights and lives, specifically, those of the TIs. Of course, this repudiates the very basis of American law, the U.S. Consitution and is typical of the “collectivist” mentality of the 5th column groups which have captured the U.S.)
Contingencies and Exigencies
1. Technical rectitude of any/all neuroS/T in NSID (using these technologies in the right way)
2. Situational variables germane to NSID use
3. Evaluation and/or revision of ethical concepts to guide such use
4. Frameworks for establishing/executing ethical engagement
(ETK note: Again, any lip-service given to ethics in the execution of these programs is a monstrous lie and joke. When innocent civilians are systematically defamed, tortured, destroyed, and killed/suicided/institutionalized by their government and its cooperating agents, as is currently occuring worldwide in GOG’S NeW GESSTTTTTAPO, those government entities are guilty of the highest treason against the US Constitution and the American people.)
TASKER (Groups of qualified individuals can be assembled to evaluate these things).
We are trying to balance the relative goods of scientific advancement with the relative burdens, risks, and harms and potential areas of dual-use that could be employed and how those affect National Security and Defense.
We frame C-contingencies….
Are there areas of consent and non-consent that need to be defined?
This is a work in progress. This is a double-sided sword. It can incur harm. This is not crying wolf. The skies is not falling, but it looks like rain. Bring an umbrella.
Neuroscience, Neurotechnology and Neuroethics: With increasing knowledge comes great power…. With great power comes great responsibility. Those working in this field bear this responsibility. Let’s measure twice and cut once. It’s a difficult field.
The future is in our hands.”
ETK Post-Script: The Insanity of Robotics and “Smart Weapons”/Slaughter-Bots/AI; Meet the Present and Near Future (?)